Index du Forum
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Still room for VAR improvement, says England boss Gareth Southgate

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum -> Jardin public -> Dojo de détente
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
chanoudom
Invités

Alliance: cambodia
Masculin

MessagePosté le: Mer 28 Mar - 06:59 (2018)    Sujet du message: Still room for VAR improvement, says England boss Gareth Southgate Répondre en citant

sbo168 Gareth Southgate insists there are still improvements to be made with VAR after a late ruling saw England denied victory against Italy at Wembley on Tuesday.

England had been on course for another 1-0 victory thanks to Jamie Vardy's first-half strike but Lorenzo Insigne grabbed an 88th-minute leveller from the spot after a video assistant referee review.

Referee Deniz Aytekin pointed to the spot after looking at footage of debutant James Tarkowski making contact with Italy substitute Federico Chiesa, but Southgate did not think that the decision was clear and obvious for it to be overturned.

"It is what it is," he said following his side's 1-1 draw. "We have to accept the ruling.

"I think in this instance my only observation would be that I don't think it is clear and obvious.

"I would prefer that the referee's decision is final. That is my start point because I think it is sport so we should not be talking about how much money it costs or how much money is lost. It should be based on sport.

"But if we are going to go with technology then I think it is the right thing to do. For me, the two areas are, one, only clear and obvious, otherwise it is just opinion again. And two, as we move forward, a better way of communicating with the fans in the crowd. sbo168

"That was a little better tonight because at least they knew something was going on," he added. "I think ideally in other sports there is a clearer communication with those in the stadium.

"When those at home have a clearer idea of what is going on than those in the stadium I am not sure that's the right thing.

"But other than that, if we had had it in Holland the other night I think we would have got a penalty and probably a red card for the opposition after two minutes. So it is like every other decision, you are going to benefit from some and not from others."

FIFA has confirmed VAR will be used at this summer's World Cup in Russia after the International Football Association Board (IFAB) reached a unanimous decision to approve the technology earlier this month, following a two-year trial period.

Trials have taken place in England this season in FA Cup and Carabao Cup games and the technology has been met by plenty of criticism.

When asked if he thought VAR was ready for the World Cup, Southgate said: "I don't know.

"You would have to speak to the guys who are across the technology. I think if it straightforward decisions then OK.

"Other countries are further ahead in the experiment than we have been. But look, the rules are the rules. sbo168

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mer 28 Mar - 06:59 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
chanoudom
Invités

Alliance: cambodia
Masculin

MessagePosté le: Dim 22 Avr - 06:04 (2018)    Sujet du message: Sevilla 0-5 Barcelona: Ernesto Valverde's men win fourth consecutive Copa del Rey title Répondre en citant

maxbet Barcelona cruised to their fourth consecutive Copa del Rey title on Saturday evening as they beat Sevilla 5-0 at the Wanda Metropolitano. Ernesto Valverde's men are halfway to a domestic double - also sitting 12 points clear at the top of the La Liga table - and Luis Suarez opened the scoring 14 minutes into the game before Lionel Messi added the second 15 minutes later. Suarez (40) scored another just before the break, with Andres Iniesta (52) making it four seven minutes after the restart before Philippe Coutinho rounded off the scoring from the penalty spot in the 69th minute.

Sevilla offered little in reply as Barcelona lifted the Copa del Rey trophy once again, becoming the first team to win it four times in a row since 1933 when Athletic Bilbao achieved the same feat. It took just 14 minutes for Barcelona to take the lead and it was a simple goal as Jasper Cillessen lofted a superb long ball down the field which picked out Coutinho. He drove towards goal before lifting the ball over the oncoming David Soria at the near post and allowing the waiting Suarez to tap home. But Sevilla did test the La Liga leaders briefly after going behind, with Joaquin Correa slicing a volley wide before a driving cross from Jesus Navas found the boot of Steve N'Zonzi, but the midfielder could only flash the ball wide of the far post. 

Iniesta went close for Barcelona in the 28th minute as his deflected shot hammered against the crossbar, but they did have their second goal just three minutes later. Jordi Alba played a neat one-two with Iniesta, before putting a superb backheel into the path of Messi who hammered the ball high into the roof of the net. A brilliant first-half performance from Barcelona continued to get better as Suarez scored his second of the evening with five minutes of the first half to play. Messi threaded a lovely ball through the middle of the park for his team-mate, who raced onto the pass before firing home past Soria. Barcelona continued their dominance seven minutes into the second half with a superbly taken goal from Iniesta in what could be his last cup final for the club. He was slid in down the right of the area with a lovely pass from Messi, before rounding the goalkeeper and scoring on a tight angle. maxbet

On the other end of the spectrum, it was a dream first Barcelona final for Coutinho as he scored the fifth goal in the 69th minute. He had an initial strike ruled out after Clement Lenglet was penalised for a handball, but the ball was given to him for a second chance - despite Suarez being able to score his hat-trick - and he did not waste it, sending Soria the wrong way. Barcelona saw out the game with relative ease - a few long-range shots from Sevilla easily dealt with by Cillissen - and Iniesta received a standing ovation from around the ground when he was substituted in the 88th minute before going on to lift the Copa del Rey trophy. maxbet

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 20:19 (2018)    Sujet du message: Still room for VAR improvement, says England boss Gareth Southgate

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum -> Jardin public -> Dojo de détente Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation